We all know that the iphone app market has been growing like crazy since it launched…. We want to help keep you up to date on the amazing growth of the app store…. Here are some quick #s to keep you up to speed on the growth of the market:
- The app store has been open for just over 9 months.
- There have been over 1 billion apps served.
- There are over 30 million devices sold (between the iphone and itouch).
- There are over 35,000 apps available on the itunes store.
- The average iphone user downloads over 20 apps (some say more than 40)
- In the first month there was over $30 million transacted on the app store.
- The app store is growing quicker than itunes.
- Number of app users is growing at about 10% per month - Comscore
- Iphone is now in over 80 countries
- Goal was 10M iphones in 2008. Sold 13.7 in 2008.
- 17Million Iphones from June 2007 to December 2008
- have sold over 30M units with the IPhone OS (Iphone + Ipod Touch)
- Over Now have over 800M app downloads in 8 months
Iphone Developers Stats
- 800,000 dowloads of the Iphone SDK
- Over 50,000 Iphone Developer Program
- 62% of developers are new to apple
- The App Store levels the playing field – even individuals can create games and compete with big companies.
- There are over 25,000 Apps in the app store
App Approval/Submission Process is Easier
- In February 96% of apps submitted were approved
- 98% were approved in 7 days or less